Time is of the essence during most of our busy days, which is why we’ve got your workout routine covered. Here’s one of our best half-hour-or-less routines to trim and sculpt your physique into a masterpiece. This one calls for body weight, so snap a pic of the workout and get to sweating no matter what.
The workout below will only take 30 minutes, can be performed anywhere, and will help you achieve cardio endurance, overall conditioning, strength and flexibility. Not only will these exercises have you looking good, but feeling good as well!
Perform the first exercise for one minute, then rest for 30 seconds before continuing on to the next. This circuit should be performed four times for a total of 30 minutes.
Butt Jump Kicks:
- The butt jump kick is a form of dynamic cardio that’s great for building endurance and strength.
- This move will get your glutes, hamstrings and quads fired up while increasing your overall stamina.
- Sink into a deep squat.
- Fire up and jump as high as you can.
- Think of a string pulling your body up into the air.
- Then, with a burst of energy, kick your heels to your booty!
- The jumping jack is a classic, but should always be a staple in any training program.
- Jumping jacks get your body moving in all directions and help burn fat and develop shoulder strength.
- When you perform jumping jacks, make sure your posture is on-point and you’re not slouching or giving half of an effort.
- This should be a “purposeful” movement with lots of energy and hand-clapping.
- You can intensify jumping jacks by adding small resistance bands around your lower calves, which will create tension on the glutes, offering up an exhilarating burn.
Related article: Can I Burn Fat In 20 Minutes? Yes With This Great HIIT Workout
Straight Leg Kicks:
- The straight leg kick is great for flexibility and range of motion.
- It allows you to increase your flexibility and focus on quad strength.
- Make sure you’re not cheating and bending your knee.
- Flex your heel and kick your leg as high as you can, then touch your toe.
- You may notice one leg is more flexible than the other.
- That is normal.
- Keep practicing and eventually, your flexibility should increase on both sides.
- Don’t forget to keep your core engaged for the extra tummy-flattening benefits.
- Ab twists are a perfect core exercise to engage all parts of your abdomen, including your lower and mid-abdomen and obliques.
- Make sure to hold your tummy tight, moving your arms to alternate sides, while bicycling your legs.
- The slower you move the better.
- Point your toes and remember to breathe.
- You may find using a mat more comfortable for this one.
- Holding a small medicine ball and passing it between hands as you alternate sides provides an added challenge.
- You may feel sore the next day, but it’s worth it.
- The plank hold is a great way to develop core and back strength.
- Holding this posture increases muscle endurance.
- When performing a plank, form is critical.
- When doing a plank, your head should be down with your neck in alignment with your spine, your elbows should be in line with your shoulders.
- Your booty should be not be popping up or sinking below.
- Create one straight, strong line with your body.
- Hold the position and squeeze everything.