Although there’s a lot to be said for the power of dark denim jeans or a well-fitting midi skirt, wouldn’t it be nice to stride around, from the bedroom to the beach, with nothing but love in our hearts for our thighs? Well, if you follow our workout for thigh exercises, you will find yourself feeling that way in no time!
Thighs can be one of the trickiest areas to tone, and if you don’t have access to a gym with specialised machines it can feel almost impossible. But we’re here to tell you that there are some thigh exercises you can do to target pesky leg fat without stepping foot in the gym.
Now is the perfect time to get ready for the next summer season, because getting your legs in perfect shape needs some time and a good workout program. Practicing these 10 moves will guarantee you achieve great results in a very short time.
Romanian Dead Lift:
- As you hold the dumbells push one foot behind you, shift the weight into the right foot.
- With the back straight, hinge at the hips and raise the left leg in order to position the torso parallelly to the floor.
- Once you feel confident doing the exercise, work towards a heavier weight and between 10 and 15 reps.
Related article: Ditch The Dumbbells! Shock Your Legs With Weight Plates
- Pulsing squats are a great exercise to burn out your leg muscles.
- Start standing straight up and push your hips back, keeping your weight in your heels.
- Engage your core and work towards a 90-degree angle at the bottom of your squat.
- Without standing completely straight, come back up to a 145-degree angle and repeat.
- Pulse for 30 to 60 reps.
Related article: Lifting Heavy Is Great—But You Only Need 10 Bodyweight Exercises For Strong Legs
- First, you need to start in a typical lunge pose, with your right foot forward and bent 90 degrees at the knee and your left foot extended behind your body.
- Tighten your core and propel yourself upwards with your right foot so that you are jumping in the air.
- Next, you need to switch feet mid-jump and land in a lunge, with your left foot forward, and then you need to repeat for two sets of 5 reps each.
- This exercise is a high-intensity exercise, but it also gets results quickly.
- That’s why while it is great to practice once or twice a week, be sure to keep your routine within personal limits.
Related article: Do You Fancy A Thigh Busting Challenge? This 30 Day Challenge Is Perfect For Re-Shaping Those Legs
- Do a reverse lunge with your back leg at an angle.
- Leap to the side, and while tapping your toe to the ground, bring the opposite leg behind.
- Jump back immediately in the other direction, and keep alternating until you feel the burn.
- Try to get at least 3 to 6 inches off the floor and work with a high rep range—around 25 to 50 reps total.
Related article: How Can I Lose Weight In My Abs Legs And Arms In One Workout And Quickly? 5 Moves 1 Set Of Dumbbells
- This exercise initiates the help of the meniscus by strengthening the muscles that surround and stabilize the knee, helps the muscles of the ankle to improve coordination and balance, thus keeping the knee on the proper plane because they put minimal pressure on the knee and are ideal for recovery from a damaged meniscus.
- Do your best to go up as high as possible and repeat with a high rep range of 20 to 40 reps.
Related article: Can You Lose Weight Doing Legs Bums And Tums? Training All 3 At The Same Time Will Slim & Tone Your Body
- First, you need to stand with your feet apart from the same distance as your shoulders.
- Then while you holding a dumbbell to your chest you also need to hold the dumbbell by one end between your hands, with the other end extending downwards towards the torso and you are in the starting position.
- Next, you need to squat down slowly, and then keeping your slightly arched back and pushing your hips back, you need to continue down until your thighs are parallel to the floor.
- You need to hold this for 2 seconds and return to the original position and then repeat it.
- Once you’re ready to progress, work towards a heavier weight and an 8 to 10 rep range.
Related article: Can You Build Leg Muscle With Calisthenics? This Home Workout Will Build Legs & Glutes Plus Abs
Reverse Lunge to Kick:
- Reverse lunges to a front kick are great to ensure quad, glute, and core activation while increasing your heart rate.
- This exercise is more advanced but can be performed at any fitness level.
- Start in a standing position, step one foot back into a reverse lunge and then bring that same foot forward for a front kick.
- It is important to lean slightly back while kicking forward.
- This will help to activate your core and increase your range of motion.
- Focus on repeating this exercise on one leg with 10 to 15 reps, then repeat on the other side.
Related article: How Can I Blast Ab Legs And Arm Fat In 1 Workout? By Using Just A Dumbbell, That’s How!
Kettle Bell Swings:
- You need to begin standing with your legs wider than hip-width apart and both hands holding the kettlebell between your legs and then you need to bend your knees slightly.
- Next, you need to lean your chest forward, swing the kettlebell back in between your legs, and then thrust your hips forward until you’re in a standing position.
- Simultaneously throw your arms straight in front of you while maintaining a firm grip on the weight and repeat.
- You also need to make sure you’re popping your hips backward and forward; these are thrusts, not squats, and then complete 15-20 swings.
Related article: Who Needs To Stretch Legs? Everybody Does If They Want A Successful Workout & Recovery
- Start with your shoulders wide apart and your legs as well.
- Keep your back straight as you go down with your butt as you are sitting.
- Hold it for a few seconds and then go up in the initial position.
- You are allowed to make several arrangements of 10 repetitions if one set if 20 repetitions are too much for you.
- The exercise needs to be performed during a period of 30 seconds per each side;