Find yourself a squat rack and get ready to pile some solid work into your lower half. This workout will strengthen your quads, hamstrings, glutes, abs and mental strength. Because your aim is to smash through each of the 5 rounds of 20 reps, you can only rest for the prescribed 60 seconds after each round.
Put your body weight on the barbell for the back squats. You’re aiming for 10 reps, so those last few are going to feel very heavy. As soon as you’ve done your 10 reps, rack the bar and get straight to your squat jumps. These are unweighted, but the burn gets real very quickly.
Hit your legs hard with our five-round squat-fest. You’re going for a century of reps in 10 minutes or less, so more rest than you’re allowed isn’t going to fly. You’re here for a good time, not a long time.
For 5 Rounds:
Barbell Back Squat, 10 reps
- With the bar across your upper back (A), drop into a squat, keeping your head up and back straight.
- Lower your body until your hips are aligned with your knees and your legs at 90 degrees (B).
- Drive back up, focusing on pushing your knees out, to stop them from caving in.
Related article: 7 Fantastic Leg Stretches To Warm Up Or Cool Down And Create An Impressive Your Lower Body Workout
2) Bodyweight Squat Jump, 10 reps
- To upgrade your bodyweight squat and burn extra fat, add an explosive jump.
- Start by performing a regular squat, driving your hips back (A).
- As you come up, leap as high as you can (B) before landing back in the squat.
- Once your 10 reps are done, rest for 60 seconds and then get back under the bar for the next round, aiming for a total of five rounds.
- Deep breath…