Skip to content
Page load link
Mastering The Standing Single Leg Calf Raise: Guide, Form, Flaws, Set Up & Execution
- This exercise is done in a standing position with your feet close together.
- Hold a dumbbell with your right hand and use your left hand to stabilise yourself on a fixed structure such as a barbell rack or incline bench. Lift your left foot slightly off the ground and begin the exercise with your right calf muscle.
- Push up with your foot and rock up onto your toes.
- Be sure to really flex your calves at the top of this movement for a one-count.
- Return to the start position and repeat until failure.
- The initial upward movement should be slow and controlled.