Every body comes in different shapes and sizes, but a little underarm bubble next to your armpit can hold you back from wearing certain styles. It’s true: there’s no way to spot-reduce fat, but in addition to consistent fat-burning cardio, adding the following exercises to your workout routine can make a difference in how you feel in your clothes.
Each works to tighten up the muscle groups around your armpit to help diminish the appearance of underarm fat.
It’s also important to note that if you’re concerned about the bulge around your bra, it simply might be time to get resized. Flattering clothes will alleviate the unnecessary tension or stress that comes with getting dressed.
1. Lying Chest Fly
- Lie on your back with your hips and knees both at 90-degree angles.
- Using your lower abs, press your lower back into the mat.
- Raise your arms toward the ceiling, palms facing each other, keeping the elbow joint slightly bent.
- Keeping your torso stable, open your arms out to the sides until your elbows are about two inches from the floor.
- Raise your arms back to the ceiling, bringing the weights together over your chest.
- This counts as one rep.
Related article: 5 Impressive Moves To Create Titillating Tighter Toned Arms And Abs
2. Lateral Plank Walk
- Begin in plank position with your hands underneath your shoulders and your body in one straight line.
- Simultaneously cross your right hand toward the left as you step your left foot out to the left.
- Then simultaneously step your left hand and right foot to the left, returning to the plank position.
- Your hands move together as your feet step apart.
- Take two more steps in this direction, keeping your abs pulled toward your spine and your pelvis level.
- Reverse directions, taking three steps to the right.
- This completes one rep.
3. Bent-Over Reverse Fly
- Holding a dumbbell in each hand with your closed palms facing out, stand with the knees slightly bent.
- Keep your back flat, and bend forward at the hip joint.
- Lift both arms to the sides, maintaining a slight bend in the elbows, and squeeze your shoulder blades together.
- Then, with control, lower the dumbbells back together.
- This completes one rep.
Related article: 7 Most Effective Kettlebell Exercises for Toned Arms and Back
4. Push-Up Rotation
- Start in a plank position, with your shoulders over your wrists and your legs out behind you with your feet hip distance apart.
- Pull your navel in, and keep your back straight.
- As you lower and exhale, bend your elbows outward to the sides.
- Hold at the bottom for one breath.
- Raise back up to top push-up position.
- As you reach the top, keep moving in a fluid motion to side plank position: release your right arm and raise it to the ceiling, keeping your body in a long diagonal line.
- Hold for one breath, then move back into plank position.
- Repeat the push-up, twisting the opposite direction and bringing your left arm toward the ceiling.
- Return to plank position to complete one rep.