I love flapjacks, but shop-bought ones are often laden with huge amounts of refined sugar, bad fats and contain paltry portions of nuts and seeds. Here is a simple, quick no-bake recipe which is much tastier, healthier and crammed with goodness.
You wont want shop-bought anymore after tasting these! I love to make a batch on Sunday and chill them in the fridge so I have healthy snacks throughout the working week. These quick and easy protein flapjacks will satisfy your cravings, stave off the guilt and give you a protein hit all in one fell swoop. All sweet treats don’t need to be saved for your cheat day.
They make a great morning breakfast bar, a healthy addition to packed lunch boxes, a sustaining afternoon snack and are great as pre-work out energy bar
Protein Flapjacks Recipe
- 120g rolled oats
- 100g Meridian peanut butter
- 60g whey protein powder
- 125-150g skimmed milk (almond milk and other % fat milks can be used instead but weights may vary)
- 15g acacia honey
- Place whey and oats into large bowl; mix together.
- Add milk and peanut butter and mix together until evenly mixed.
- Add honey and stir evenly through mixture.
- Line a baking tray with grease proof paper and drizzle a touch of coconut oil .
- Spread mixture onto paper (1-3cm thickness).
- Place in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 190 degrees C (gas mark 5).
- 10-12 minutes in oven.
- Remove, slice and leave to cool.