Reducing cellulite is a common aim for people starting out on a fitness journey. The dimpling often found on the thighs and buttocks is often associated with being unfit, but is this a fair assumption? And can your exercise regime make a difference to your body’s cellulite?
A lot of workouts are marketed as fat-blasting and cellulite-shrinking. Most women have to deal with cellulite, and most of us have no idea how to get rid of it. You may have seen the creams and fascia blasters, but what really works? What can you do to fight it?
When it comes to the fight against cellulite, here are my top five booty-sculpting exercises that are sure to build a lean leg and booty muscle and smooth out the cellulite — for good! Complete this booty-sculpting circuit three to four times for time and fight back against cellulite!
Leg Pump With Dumbbell:
With every rep, try to go as low as you can with your booty without touching your booty to the floor.
- Lying on your back, place the soles of your shoes together as your knees face outward.
- Scoot your booty as close to your feet as possible.
- Place one dumbbell over your hips.
- As you complete each rep, you will lift up with your booty and squeeze your knees together.
- Squeeze and pause for two seconds.
- Be sure to squeeze your booty and concentrate on activating those muscles.
- After you complete your reps, hold the last rep and squeeze for 10 seconds.
- Do 15 to 20 reps with one dumbbell.
- Hold the last set for a 10 count.
Related article: What Exercises Can I Do To Love My Lower Body? This No Squats Belly, Butt & Thighs Workout Is For You
Single-Leg Hip Thruster:
Push through your heel to get the most booty burn in this set!
- For this exercise, you will be using the entire back of your legs to strengthen those muscles.
- Leaning on a bench, chair or couch, sit in a tabletop position with only your shoulders on the bench.
- One leg is bent at a 90-degree angle, placing your foot on the floor and the other extended straight out parallel to the floor.
- As you lower your hips, you will hold your hips and thrust upward from floor to ceiling, squeezing your booty at the top.
- Do 10 to 12 reps on each side.
Related article: How Do I Get A Brazilian Butt Lift Without Surgery? This 4 Move Workout Is Just For You
Side Squat Lunge With Dumbbells:
Go as low as possible and keep your balance by taking your time. Going slower actually makes this harder and more effective!
- This exercise activates all glute muscles at the same time!
- Place one foot below your shoulder as if you are going to drop into a squat.
- Stretch the opposite leg out to one side.
- Hold your dumbbells on either side of your squat leg.
- As you squat down, you will push through the heel of your squat leg and keep only the heel of the stretched-out leg on the floor.
- Do 12 to 15 reps on each side.
Related article: Define And Shape Your Butt With This 5 Exercise Bubble Butt Workout
Single-Leg Lunge With Dumbbells:
Concentrate on muscle-mind connection. If you just go through the motions and don’t concentrate on activating your glute and hamstring muscles, you will just let your quadriceps muscles take over and won’t strengthen the problem areas. Think lunges are hard? This is the ultimate exercise to lift that booty.
- In a lunge position, hold one dumbbell on the side of the leg that is down.
- Place your back leg on a chair or couch.
- Be sure to keep your lunge leg at a 90-degree angle with your knee stacked over your foot.
- Lower your weight down through your heel for your lunge, then press up through your heel to finish the movement.
- Do 10 to 12 reps on side.
Related article: Sculpt Strong Legs And An Incredible Butt With This Cellulite Blasting Workout
Lunge Squat Lunge With Dumbbells:
Keep it slow and low the entire time! This ensures major muscle building. With every transition, be sure to push off with your heel into the next movement. The back foot should be there for balance only. Do not put weight on your back foot. What’s harder than a lunge? A squat? Well, a lunge squat lunge!
- This compound exercise burns out your muscles like no other!
- Start in a lunge position with one dumbbell on each side on your leg.
- Transition to a low squat with both dumbbells together in front of your chest.
- To complete the motion, push through your heels to finish with a lunge on the opposite side.
- Keep moving back to a squat, then lunge until you complete all reps.
- Do 15 to 20 reps total.