Thanks to our groundbreaking, tested plan, you can shrink a whole size (or two!), tone trouble spots, and banish annoying dimples, for a confident summer look. At the heart of the plan is a strength-cardio routine designed to target the areas you want to firm up the most—your legs, butt, and belly.
Because these are some of your biggest muscles, you’ll also burn more calories to lose weight all over. This type of below-the-belt training, especially when combined with cardio and a healthy diet, also minimizes cellulite in just 8 weeks.
Combining strength training and cardio into one workout can help curb your appetite to the tune of 500 fewer calories a day. This routine minimizes rest time and maximizes calorie burn and toning.
Do the 6 moves that follow in pairs (or supersets) without a break between exercises. Then rest for 1 minute before performing the next pair. Start with 1 set of the recommended reps for each superset, adding a set each week until you’re up to 3 sets, with a 1-minute break between sets if needed. Warm-up with light activity such as marching in place for 5 minutes.
- Stand with feet more than shoulder-width apart and fingers laced behind the head.
- Keeping elbows back, bend at hips and knees and lower until thighs are almost parallel to ground.
- Press back to standing.
- Do 15 reps.
- Lie with knees bent, feet flat, arms at sides.
- Extend right leg, keeping knees aligned.
- Tighten abs, contract left glute, and lift hips off the ground so the body forms a straight line from knees to shoulders.
- Slowly lower hips without touching the ground.
- Do 12 reps per side.
- Face a bench or high step (about 12 inches) with left foot on top, knee directly over the ankle, foot flat.
- Press into left foot and lift the body onto the bench, tapping it with right toes.
- Keep abs tight and don’t lean forward.
- Slowly lower to starting position.
- Do 15 reps per side.
Stability Ball Leg Curl:
- Lie with heels on a stability ball.
- Contract abs and glutes and lift hips off the ground so the body forms a straight line.
- Bend knees and roll ball toward hips.
- Pause, then extend legs, keeping hips lifted the entire time.
- Do 12 reps.
Related article: Stability Ball Workout For A Strong Well Defined Core & Legs
- Stand 2 to 3 feet in front of a bench with the top of the left foot on the bench.
- Keeping abs tight, bend the right leg and lower until the front thigh is parallel to the ground.
- Keep front knee behind toes and don’t lean forward.
- Press back to standing.
- Do 8 reps per side.
Related article: Lift And Shape Yourself A Bikini Booty With These 7 Moves
- Assume a full push-up position.
- Pull right knee toward chest, keeping abs tight, and hips level.
- Extend right leg back to starting position and repeat with left leg.
- Do 10 reps per side, alternating legs.