Skip to content
Mastering Dumbbell Calf Raises: Guide, Form, Flaws, Set Up & Execution
- This exercise is done in a standing position with your feet about shoulder width apart.
- Grab a dumbbell in each hand and let each hang by your sides.
- Begin by pushing your toes down so that your heels become raised so that you are on your tip toes.
- Be sure to really flex your calves at the top of this movement for a one-count.
- Return to the start position and repeat until failure.
- The initial upward movement should be quick and explosive.