Maybe you haven’t thought about it at all, but you’ve certainly noticed every person has a different butt—whether it be the shape, size, or what have you. So why should your workout be one-size-fits-all? You’re certainly not, and that’s completely normal!
This high-intensity circuit is designed to whip your bottom into top shape. All of the exercises are great for sculpting a tight, lifted butt. They work all parts of the glutes plus the surrounding muscles, like the hamstrings and low back. Each round builds in intensity, so you’ll also challenge endurance along with strength.
Finish with some glute-focused cardio to blast fat while boosting your afterburn. Then get ready to rock that two-piece feeling fabulous.
Do these exercises as a circuit three times through, increasing your intensity with each round (add on weight, do plyometrics where appropriate, etc.). If time permits, add 10 minutes of glute-focused cardio at the end of each circuit.
Works: Glutes, outer thighs. Make it harder: Begin on a weight bench or other elevated surface for a greater range of motion and/or increase rep range to 18–20.
- Begin on all fours, palms directly under shoulders and knees under hips with back flat and core engaged.
- Keeping right knee on the floor, extend the left leg out to the side, toes pointed to the floor.
- Swing left leg up and over, touching toes to ground to the right side of the body.
- Return in the same pattern back to start and repeat.
- Do 12–15 reps per side.
Related article: Can You Build Leg Muscle With Calisthenics? This Home Workout Will Build Legs & Glutes Plus Abs
Prone Glute Extension:
Works: Glutes. Make it harder: Squeeze for an extra 30 seconds at the end of the set.
- Lie facedown, legs extended with toes pointing slightly outward, head on hands.
- Squeezing glutes, lift legs as high as you can without overarching your back.
- Hold for a count of three, then return to start.
- Do 12–15 reps.
Related article: Feel The Burn And Watch The Change In Your Glutes With The 20-Minute Leg And Butt Workout
Works: Glutes, quads, outer thighs, calves. Make it harder: Hold dumbbells or move to a higher step or bench.
- Stand toward the back of a bench or box.
- Bending left knee, step off to the right side, tapping right toes on the ground, and keeping weight mostly over the left leg.
- Stand up on bench or box, then step right leg behind the bench to the left side, touching down with your toes.
- Straighten left leg and return to start.
- Continue for 12–15 reps; switch sides.
Related article: How Can I Get Rid Of Cellulite In My Butt? With These 5 Moves That Fight Fat
Works: Core, glutes, quads, outer and inner thighs. Make it harder: Hold one dumbbell horizontally in both hands as you squat and jump.
- Stand tall with feet wider than shoulder-distance apart.
- Squat down, bending knees 90° or more, and lowering hands toward the floor.
- Pushing through heels, explode off the floor; as you jump up, cross legs.
- Return to start and repeat, this time crossing opposite leg on top.
- Do 12–15 reps.
Related article: What Exercises Can I Do To Love My Lower Body? This No Squats Belly, Butt & Thighs Workout Is For You
Low Squat Walk:
Works: Glutes, quads. Make it harder: Hold a weight in front of you as shown, and place a mini-band around ankles.
- Stand with feet hip-distance apart, arms in front of the chest.
- Squat down, keeping body weight over heels.
- Step left foot slightly out to the left, staying in a low squat.
- Bring the right foot to meet left.
- Step to the right side, bringing the left foot to meet right; stay in a squat.
- Reverse the movements and repeat for 12–14 steps, remaining in a low squat throughout the exercise.
Related article: How Do I Get A Brazilian Butt Lift Without Surgery? This 4 Move Workout Is Just For You
Side Jump Lunge:
Works: Glutes, quads. Make it harder: Hold dumbbells at sides.
- Stand with feet about hip-distance apart.
- Lunge to the right side, bending right knee 90° while keeping left leg straight; keep the left knee aligned with toes, and push glutes behind you.
- Jump up, shifting weight to left; land with left knee bent and right leg out to the side, bending left knee 90°.
- Repeat for 12–15 reps per side.
Related article: This 8 Exercise Workout You Can Do Right At Home Has It All To Create Strong Shapely Legs And Butt
Step Hop With Reverse Lunge:
Works: Glutes, quads. Make it harder: Hop up onto the bench; hold weights.
- Stand behind a bench or low box, placing the left foot flat on a surface.
- Step up onto the bench, bringing right knee to hip height.
- Step back to start, then bring your left foot behind you into a reverse lunge, bending both knees 90°.
- Move back to start and repeat.
- Do 12–15 reps per side.
Related article: Sculpt Strong Legs And An Incredible Butt With This Cellulite Blasting Workout
Figure 4 Squat:
Works: Glutes, quads, outer thighs. Make it harder: Hold a weight in front of you.
- Stand tall with feet hip-distance apart.
- Balancing on the right leg, cross left ankle over the bottom of right thigh, just above the knee.
- Bend right knee, squat as low as you can (ideally about 90°).
- Straighten leg back to standing.
- Repeat for 12–15 reps, trying to stay balanced throughout.
- Switch sides and repeat.