When it comes to your backside, here’s the bottom line: To lift your butt, you have to build muscle. Building new lean muscle will help develop a backside with a natural well-rounded shape. This 5-minute strength training circuit targets the glute muscle from every angle to develop a perky, well-rounded shape.
Whether you were born with a flat-as-a-pancake fanny or a derrière that seems to drop with every decade, we’ve got the perfect posterior. Perform 20 to 30 reps of each exercise with your right leg, switching from one move to the next without rest between the exercises.
Complete all five moves with your right leg, and then do the circuit again with your left leg. Repeat for a total of two rounds per leg. To see the best results, follow the plan three times a week and pair it with a high-intensity interval training workout like this one to burn fat.
1. Perky Lifts:
Targets: Center and outer glutes
- To start, get on all fours with your knees directly under your hips and your hands beneath your shoulders.
- Lift your right leg until it’s parallel to the floor, toes pointed.
- Lift the legs a little higher and begin tracing the outline of the letter “P” starting at the base.
- Lower back 2 inches to the starting position and repeat.
Related article: Six Exercises To Strengthen And Create a Rounder, Plumper Butt
2. Rear Raisers:
Targets: Upper outer side of glutes
- Staying on all fours and keeping your right leg straight, cross it behind your supporting left leg, tapping the floor with a pointed toe.
- Squeeze your glute and lift your right leg so that it’s in line with your right hip and parallel to the floor.
- Lower the leg to return to the tap.
- Be sure to keep your tailbone slightly tucked throughout the movement (don’t arch your back).
3. Booty Boxes:
Targets: Center and upper glute
- Start on all fours, your right leg pointed straight behind you.
- Lift your right leg 4 inches higher, keeping your hips angled down.
- Trace a box with your big toe clockwise, then reverse it and go counterclockwise.
- Try to create a deeper contraction with every box.
4. Killer Kicks:
Targets: Side hips through the meaty center of glutes
- As before, begin with hands and knees on the floor, right leg extended.
- Swing your right leg out to the side, in line with your hip.
- Bend your knee, bringing your heel inward toward your body.
- Then kick back out to the side with a straight leg.
- Focus on squeezing through the glute.
5. Lift It Up:
Targets: Side and center of glutes
- Extend your right leg out to the side in line with your hip.
- Pulse your right leg up and down about an inch at a moderate, steady pace.