It’s time to try a kettlebell workout. You can work every muscle in your body with one weight. Focus on explosive speed and endurance to melt stubborn fat achieve that toned look, or lift steady and heavy to build a strong, cut physique.
This 25-minute circuit will tighten your glutes and reward you with a knockout core, all from the comfort of your living room or you can of course, take this kettlebell workout to the gym.
Related article: 7 Most Effective Kettlebell Exercises for Toned Arms and Back
Do: 1 minute of swings, then rest for 30 seconds. Do 5 rounds.
- Hinging at the waist, grip the kettlebell in both hands.
- With knees slightly bent, transfer your weight to your heels and let the kettlebell swing between your legs.
- Thrust your hips forward to a standing position and let the weight swing up to shoulder height.
- As it falls, stand straight with a strong core until your forearms reach your hips, then hinge forward and repeat.
Rotating Back Lunge
Do: 45 seconds, then rest for 15 seconds. Do 4 rounds.
- Standing with feet together, hold the kettlebell in both hands.
- Step your left leg back into a lunge then rotate your shoulders to the right, holding the kettlebell over your right leg, above your hip.
- Push off from the right foot to return to standing, pulling the handle up under your chin, and keeping your elbows high.
- Repeat on the other side.
Related article: Super Sexy Back Gains With Simple Supersets
Do: 3 sets of 10 reps, 30-second rest between sets.
- Hold the kettlebell in your left hand, lower into a squat and feed it through your legs to your right hand.
- Bring it round your right leg and up to your left shoulder, cushioning the impact with your left hand.
- Feed the weight back through your legs to your left hand, round your left leg and up to your right shoulder, cushioning the impact with your right hand.
- That’s one.
Do: 4 sets of 8 reps on alternating sides, 5-second rest between reps and 30-second rest between sets.
- Lying down, with the kettlebell in your left hand, left leg bent and right leg straight, extend your arm to the ceiling.
- Maintaining a vertical line, sit up, keeping your right hand on the floor.
- Raise your hips up and sweep your right leg under, placing your right knee below your hip and pushing up to kneeling.
- Push through your left foot to stand without lowering the kettlebell.
- Reverse and repeat.
Related article: 5 Essential Skipping Exercises To Burn Fat And Tone Your Body
Do: 3 sets of 10 reps, 30-second rest between sets
- With both hands, hold the kettlebell upside down in front of your chest.
- Keeping your core tight and both hands on the kettlebell, raise your forearms up, placing the left arm over your head.
- Going towards the left, circle your head with the kettlebell until you reach your starting position.
- Lift your right forearm over your head and circle your head in the opposite direction.
- That’s a rep.