Toned shoulders make women look attractive. Open and relaxed shoulders create an illusion of a smaller waist and make you look confident. Moreover, shoulder exercises help correct posture, strengthen the shoulders, and reduce the risk of shoulder pain. Hence, it is important for women to do shoulder exercises irrespective of their age, fitness, or profession.
Summer is all about tank tops, strapless dresses, and bikinis, which means that by the time the thermometer hits 70 degrees, you better be ready to bare arms and show off some seriously sculpted shoulders. But that kind of definition doesn’t come overnight, so even if you haven’t quite stowed all your sweaters yet, you should be upping your shoulder game at the gym.
While doing shoulder workouts regularly can assist in giving your arms a more defined and lean look. Targeting your shoulders when working out can help with toning, sculpting, and shaping your arms and upper body, as well as improving your strength and general fitness.
Pushup Rotation with Dumbbells:
- Start in pushup position, left hand on the floor, right hand holding the weight.
- Open body up to the right and lift your right arm in the air, squeezing your back and keeping your hips lifted.
- Return slowly to starting position.
- Repeat 10 reps before starting the other side.
- Perform 10 per side.
Related article: This 7 Exercise Upper-Body Core Workout Will Sculpt Your Shoulders, Arms, and Core
- Start standing with dumbbells in your hands, arms straight down, and touching your thighs, palms facing inward.
- Lift elbows up so hands land at chest level.
- From here, separate hands to shoulder level and then rotate palms up to land in the goal post position.
- Press all the way up into a shoulder press and follow all the steps back to starting position.
- Perform 12 reps.
Related article: How Can I Lose Weight In My Abs Legs And Arms In One Workout And Quickly? 5 Moves 1 Set Of Dumbbells
- Start standing in a wide stance, arms straight down, and weights parallel between your legs.
- Shift your hips back and bend your knees slightly.
- Keeping your core tight, swing your arms up in the air.
- As your weights get to chest level, let them open up and rotate forward into a Y position.
- Perform 15 reps.
Related article: 5 Exercises 5 Minutes 1 Set Of Dumbbells – Get Rid Of Jiggly Arms With This Quick Workout
- Hinge forward at the hips, keeping your back flat and a small bend in your knees.
- Let arms holding onto weights dangle down in front of you.
- Cross your right arm over your left arm and then pull your elbows up to a 90-degree angle squeezing your upper back and slowly release down.
- Switch to the left arm in front of the right.
- Your ending position should remind you of a scarecrow!
- Perform 20 reps.
Related article: The Speedy Workout for Knockout Arms and Shoulders With 5 Exercises
- Start standing with dumbbells in your hands, feet in a wide stance.
- Keep elbows bent and close to sides, palms up.
- Using power from your core and your legs, pop your weight to the upper left and right with a small twist in the torso.
- Perform 30 reps.