Everyone wants to get in shape as soon as they sense that summer is around the corner. However, shaping up means different things to different people.
While guys focus on losing a few pounds and buffing up their chest and arms, most girls and some guys like to sculpt the perfect derriere that will give them the confidence to strut around town in those tight new jeans. If you want to really target the glutes, you’ll definitely need some of these great butt exercises.
You can easily build a stronger butt by doing exercises and activities that target all the muscles in your glutes. Your glutes are made up of three different muscles—the gluteus maximus (the largest muscle), the gluteus medius, and the gluteus minimus.
The key to firm glutes is to hit all of these muscles from different angles and with a variety of exercises and cardio activities. You can’t always change the shape of your glutes, but you can make them firmer and stronger with the right exercises.
1. Plank Push-Ups
- Begin in plank position.
- Shift your weight to the right, and lift your left forearm off the ground followed by your right forearm until you’re in push-up position.
- Lower your left forearm back to the ground and then your right forearm until you’ve returned to starting position.
- Repeat this 10 times on the left side and then switch.
- Complete three sets of these.
Related article: Lose Weight This Month With Our 30-Day Slim-Down Challenge
2. Mountain Climbers With a Twist and a Butt Kick
- Begin in push-up position.
- Raise your right leg back behind you as high as you can while maintaining control.
- Then lower your leg, bend and tuck your knee, and cross it underneath you.
- Return your foot to starting position.
- Repeat this eight times on the right side and then switch to the left.
- Complete three sets.
Related article: The Eight Moves Sexy Back Workout To Banish Bra Bulge Back Pain And Bad Posture
3. Three-Way Lunge
- Begin standing with your feet together and your hands on your hips.
- Step forward with your right foot into a lunge.
- Hold the lunge position, raise your arms, and twist your upper body to the left and to the right before returning to starting position.
- Next, step out into a side lunge, and step back in.
- Lastly, step backwards with your right foot into a lunge position.
- Raise your arms, and twist your upper body to the left and to the right before returning to starting position.
- This is one rep.
- Repeat this eight times and then switch sides.
- Complete 3 sets of these.
Related article: The Best 20-Minute Bodyweight Workout for Weight Loss And Shaping
4. Tricep Dips and Kicks
- Grab a chair and place it behind you facing forward.
- Sit down on the ground with your legs extended in front of you, and grab the seat with your hands behind you.
- Raise yourself up so that your arms and legs are straight and only your heels are on the ground.
- This is starting position.
- Bend your arms and lower your body until your butt is only a few inches off the ground.
- Return to starting position, and raise your left leg as high as you can while maintaining control for a quick kick.
- Return to starting position, but keep your left foot off the floor until you’ve completed 10 reps.
- Then switch sides.
- Do three sets of these.